Due 12/16/09
Write a one paragraph reaction to this article (5 sentences). Write one question you have after reading this article. Water Found on the Moon
this is a rather interesting case of water on the moon, in the future we will be able to have a space station there because of the water supples so i really will be waiting for that day to come so that we will be to go ahead in space discovery.
when after the moon will we go to the next planet.
It is amazing that we have not noticed this before. If the satellite Lcross would not have crashed into the crater, Cabeus, then we would not have discovered this amazing mew news. With our advancing technolohy, I am convinced that we can get alot of new information with this. What is more convincing is that scientists not only detected a little bit of water, but a significant amount. Sooner or later we will be thee ones disturbing the moons silence.
What will be our next movement that we will do on the moon?
Water found on moon, It is amazing that we have not noticed this before. If the Lcross satellite would not have crashed into the moon, then we would not have discovered this amazing new news. With our advancng technology, I am convinced that we can get alot of important information with this discovery. What's even more convincing is that scientists did not find a little amount of water, but found a significant amount. Sooner or later we will be the ones breaking the moons ancient silence.
My reaction to this article is that its very interesting that we have found water in the moon. Also now that we have found water on the moon it could be our future water resource.It could be our future resource because since we found 26 gallons of water on the moon we might be able to find more water and use it once our water from Earth becomes all polluted and unable to use. First though we would compare it to the water on Earth. Another reaction that I have to this article is that if that water that we have found has been there for a long time then there could be new thoeries on how the moon was created and other new elements that we haven't yet found.
Question: What are their thoughts about now us finding water on the moon?
I am satisfied that Lcross found a significant amount of water on the moon. Hopefully Lcross will discover more later on. Understanding, that the data Lcoss has collected cannot determine numerous amount of things. I know that they are sending more astronauts to the moon later on. So that they can collect more data to determine more things that they don’t already know.
QUESTION: What are they going to do if they continue to find significants amount of water on the moon?
This article is about how they found water on the moon using a thing called Lcross. The Lcross smashed into one of the moons craters and lifted up into the air 26 gallons of water. The Lcross is made up of two parts. The parts are on e an empty rock chamber that smashes in to the crater and a spaceshuttle that measures the height and measure of the water. They also saw that it was water by the wavelengths color, like some where like purple and others other colors. ALso the last thing that put it together were the molicules that formed in the water. My question is that if they took rock samples from the moon before, why didn't they find water in them?
Emily Alvarado 802 Truthfully, this article really shocked me. I had already heard that there was water on the moon but I hadn't thought about water coming from the moon itself or us being able to breathe on the moon and live on it as we do every day on earth. It was a shock to hear this coming straight from the word of the top scientists in America. It was a shock to hear how we made this discovery and it was a surprise to hear that this fact could lead to life on the moon. This article made me realize that there could be life anywhere in our galaxy, that there could even be small life forms on our moon. I know we have already been taught this in class but it never really hit me until I read this article. One question I still have is, How would we deal with the differences in climate and temperature on the moon as opposed to the earth? The moon is a whole other world than earth so it would be very difficult to some up with a way to make it more similar in order for life to survive there.
Emily Alvarado 802 Truthfully, this article shocked me. I had already heard that there was water on the moon but I hadn't thought about water coming from the moon itself or us being able to breathe on the moon and live on it as we do every day on earth. It was a shock to hear this coming straight from the word of the top scientists in America. It was a shock to hear how we made this discovery and it was a surprise to hear that this fact could lead to life on the moon. This article made me realize that there could be life anywhere in our galaxy, that there could even be small life forms on our moon. I know we have already been taught this in class but it never really hit me until I read this article. One question I still have is, How would we deal with the differences in climate and temperature on the moon as opposed to the earth? The moon is a whole other world than earth so it would be very difficult to some up with a way to make it more similar in order for life to survive there.
Emily Alvarado 802 Truthfully, this article really shocked me. I had already heard that there was water on the moon but I hadn't thought about water coming from the moon itself or us being able to breathe on the moon and live on it as we do every day on earth. It was a shock to hear this coming straight from the word of the top scientists in America. It was a shock to hear how we made this discovery and it was a surprise to hear that this fact could lead to life on the moon. This article made me realize that there could be life anywhere in our galaxy, that there could even be small life forms on our moon. I know we have already been taught this in class but it never really hit me until I read this article. One question I still have is, How would we deal with the differences in climate and temperature on the moon as opposed to the earth? The moon is a whole other world than earth so it would be very difficult to some up with a way to make it more similar in order for life to survive there.
when i read this article i couldnt believe they found water on the moon. what also suprised me was that a satilite called Lcross smashed into the moon and made a really big hole and 26 gallons of water came out. one scientist said that now because of the discovery, they have more questions. they think that the spots where the sun doesnt hit is where the water most likely is. and bcause they found water on the moon, astronauts are going to the moon again by 2020.
i think that by them going out of their way to find out more about the moon is great. We need to know what's going on in the "world" above us. If we had no one go up there and research, we wouldn't know if we were being put in danger. The more significant things they find, the better position they're putting us in. So, in the end, it's worth the long nights and struggle.
My reaction to this article is that I never thought that the moon would reveal to have a supply of water, let alone a gallon. The fact that it's darkest craters hold supplies of water is surprising and helpful.This proves that the moon maybe held life long ago and is similar to our Earth. Despite the fact that is holds no atmosphere whatsoever. This shows we are further among our study of the moon itself as Earth's satellite.
I thought that this was a well written article. I was surprised when they said that they didn't see any water on the moon but they knew that it was there. They had no evidence that there was water found on the moon. This really disappointed me because i thought that there might be life on other planets out there but now we know that probably isn't any life on any other planets.
I say that it's really interesting that we have found water on the moon. Now that we have found water on the moon this could be our future. Once all the water in the Earth goes bad we can use the moon as our new resource of water. But first we would have to make analysis and compare it to the water on Earth and see if there is any similarity. It's also really interesting that we have found water on the moon because if that water has been there for a long time then there could be different theories on how the moon was created or beliefs on how the moon changes during time passes by. My question for the authors would be: Can we get any information about the moon using the water that we have just found?
I think this is another cool fact but at the same time I'm not very shocked. It's cool because then people can have another place to explore and learn about. If we keep on advancing our systems, people will get bored and will figure everything out. The Moon is the place to start a new cycle of life, many years from now though.
I'm not very shocked because the Moon was kind of made from the Earth. An object about as big as Mars, called Theia (or Orpheus), collided with our used-to-be young Earth. Then A disk of orbiting matter was formed and it eventually condensed to form our Moon. So on it's way of floating off of our young Earth, it must have picked up some water from the comets that struck Earth. Also, the Moon is so vulnerable to meteors and asteroids so they must have carried water to the Moon.
A question I have is, Do the Scientists think that the Moon will evolve into a similar Earth? And can we live on it? Will there be a whole new species of creatures starting from bacteria like we did?
I think this is cool but at the same time I'm not very shocked. I think this is cool because it's another place for people to really explore more. If, in many years, the Moon is a possible location to move, we can spread our species out to the Moon. The Earth will one day die, so if we send some people to live on the Moon, our generation will keep going. Also, people will eventually get bored of what the Earth has. We will have discovered everything, that we think is everything, and will need a new place to discover. The Moon is the perfect place to go (or Mars...) I'm not that shocked because the Moon is kind of made partially from our once-young-Earth. An object the size of Mars, called Theia (or Orpheus), collided with the Earth. Then some matter floated off, eventually condensed and turned into our Moon. The Moon must of pulled some water from the Earth. Also, it's so vulnerable to metiers and asteroids that they must have left some kind of water on the Moon. Questions I have: 1)Will the new creatures form on the Moon? 2)Will the first creature be a new type of bacteria? Websites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_impact_hypothesis http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/moon/moon_formation.html
I find it surprising that there is water on the moon. I thought that the only planet that had water was earth. I mean 26 gallons is a big amount that could mean there might be water on other planets also. I knew the moon had icy craters but i never thought it was acutely. So if they found water on one planet then they could find water on other planets and objects in space. This could also mean there could be life besides us.
The question i have is how did the moon get water?
Wow this is a really interesting article. That was a brilliant way that lcross tried to see if their was water on the moon. I didn't know scientist like that could be so creative. But I am glad to know we found water in craters. That gives hope to us if we ever need to go their. by Jaylen Gregory 802
Its not very surprising to think that the moon shows signs of water, if you think about it, the moon was created from the Earth (may contain similar minerals/ chemicals/ molecules), If earth can do it, why can't the moon? Just because it's not at the perfect distance; it's temperature is not warm enough to support life-- Well maybe because the Earth is going through Global Warming, then the moon might take our place. More meteors could add on to the moon and make it bigger (it could become the next Earth).
I was very shocked to hear that the unvestigators had found a large amount of water on the moon. Never knew that the moon even held any ice water. I think that it was most shocking to red that the Moon's ice water had melted and had become a big amount of water.
I did not know that such an old planet could suddenly show up to have that much water. It has been such a long time since we have discovered that there was no water on the moon but now we have figured out that the poles on the moon and the crators on the surface have been holding alot of water all along.
Is there a way to change the water to making it able for us to drink?
it amazes me how that our moon actually has water on it. it could of been possible like a comet that crashed on the moon which gave it water. it also amazes me how that the water on the moon can be broken apart into oxygen and hydrogen and it gives astronaunts oxygen to breathe. its unbelieveable how there is about 26 gallons of water on the moon. also, that the bottom of Cabeus is a frigid minus 365 degrees Fahrenheit. that is freezing cold.
one question: was there any proof that life forms exist on the moon?
my reaction to "In Suprise, Moon Shows Signs Of Water" is excited because i always thought the moon had no water at all and now we find out that there is not a little but a lot of water. I think that they should research on the amount of water to see where it came from, when did it start, etc. it says that it began in South Pole but what if the North Pole had water? one of the questions i was thinking the whole time even though it couldn't be possible, maybe, is, Is there life? since there's water and we didn't know, maybe it can be life.
I am astounded that this is actually true. It seem just like yesterday that we had first stepped on that precious rock that helps us live each day, not run around as fireballs. It seems as if life has another chance to treat a another planet as we want to. Not as what we have done to earth. It makes me optimistic, that humans, have another chance at life.
This was an amazing discovery by NASA and we can learn a lot from it. The water, in form of ice, has probably accumulated over a long period of time. Now scientist can learn a lot about the history of space by the particles in the ice. We found the water because a satellite crashed near to south pole of the the moon punching up at least 26 gallons of water. This was an amazing discovery and NASA is looking forward to finding more about it.
When water was found on the moon, scientists were amazed because with research, water gives chances of life outside of earth. It was discovered when a satellite crashed near the moon's south pole, revealing about 26 gallons of water. They believe that the frozen water (dry) has been there for a really really really long time. If they study it, they can find out a lot about the moon's history and possibly more background information so that they can come up with other questions on this subject.
My reaction of this article would be that if we found water and lots of it, couldnt there be life on the plant? I really dont think they should send astronauts to the moon just to find out if there more stuff, because that would be lots of money and as of right now it should be on the economy.Plus we already wasted money on a broke satallite.
When I heard there was water on the moon I was suprised.I look up at the moon almost everynight and I never thought there was water on the moon. how they(scientists) found out that there was water on the moon was when a satellite, Lcross crashed into a crater near the moons surface last month.When the scientists found the water they didn't find a little bit, they found big amount.
Qestion: after all these years why didn't they at least try to find water on the moon before?
i think its important that we ecplore the other plants. Finding water on the moon is giving us one more clue as to the earths past and future. which is important since we need know what the earths future is because of global warming
I find that is amazing that we would find out something like this. It's very suprising and interesting. I wouldn't have suspected water to be on the moon, but it makes sense. My question is why did they find it only on the side that the sun doesnt hit?
i think that know that we are so technologically advanced that we werwe able to find this out. I also think that now that they found the water on the moon that they can futher their study on the moon to determine wether or not that is a future place of temporary or permanet movement by us humans. I still think that just because there is water on the moon doesnt mean that it is a guarantee that we can live there. i think they have alott more research to do before they can decide their final desicion.
I am not really surprised that there is water on the Moon. Outer space is actually full of water. Most of this water is in the form of ice. It has been found on satellites, including comets, planets, and moons, some examples are Mars and Titan, one of Saturn's moons. So, I am not going to be surprised unless the water is found to be liquid, because so far Earth is the only planet with liquid water. My question is due to the Moon's lack of atmosphere, shouldn't other comets have crashed into the moon and given it water by now?
I for one, think that this is a very impressive find. Just to know that there is more than dry rock on our Moon is a huge step for mankind. A small impact on the moon produced 26 gallons of water. This may sound a little far fetched, but imagine future settlers farming the water on the Moon once Earths drinkable water resources dry up. If they figured out the technology to do that and could still make it somewhat affordable, it could open up lots of job spots. So that in a possible future recession, we'd have more jobs.
I feel as if the satellite, known as Lcross, was meant to crash into the moon. We thought for a very long time that the moon wasn't made up of any type of form of water such as liquid, gas or ice. We had only checked the surface of the moon and there weren't any traces of water found. When Lcross crashed the moon, we found that now only a whiff but 26 gallons of water. Right now, NASA is planning to go and visit the moon in 2020 after the last visit was in 1972.
Why do we have to go and visit the moon ten years from now, do we not have the right technology?
this article was very interesting and thought provoking. the article was about the finding of water on the moon, this has huge implications and could explain many of the questions we have about the origin of water and our solar system. these finding could prove the origin of earths water. lastly if we could find water on the moon, once concitered a barren rocky wasteland, then it could be possible to find water on other objects in our solar system or even further out in space.
one question i had after reading this article is.. why would NASA conciter breaking up the water on the moon for oxygen for astronauts to breath if it could contain important clues as to the origin of our water?
This article was about a new and shocking discovery on the moon. It appears that water was found on the moons surface. They have considered exploring the moon to see if there is actual life. In this article they could not see water on the moons surface with a telescope. Will this new discovery lead to future solutions if the world end?
I find it very amazing that there is water on the moon. This is good for the world because now we know that we have a small chance of survival on another celestial body. The whole time, I thought that the moon was just a lifeless rock floating in space. It turns out that there is more to it than that. This opens up so many opportunites for the human race. This could lead to finding oxygen, and creating soil and other natural elements in the future. This could be the begining of a new chapter in the continuity og=f the human race if anything ever threatened our existence.
I feel that this is pretty cool that there was water found on the moon. Because we finally aren't the only planet with it. But the thing that I don't really enjoy about this discovery is that it some what kills our individuality as a planet. Because yes we are still the only planet with human life. But we were also the only planet with water. But I guess not anymore.
I feel that this is pretty cool that there was water found on the moon. Because we finally aren't the only planet with it. But the thing that I don't really enjoy about this discovery is that it some what kills our individuality as a planet. Because yes we are still the only planet with human life. But we were also the only planet with water. But I guess not anymore.
I feel that this is pretty cool that there was water found on the moon. Because we finally aren't the only planet with it. But the thing that I don't really enjoy about this discovery is that it some what kills our individuality as a planet. Because yes we are still the only planet with human life. But we were also the only planet with water. But I guess not anymore.
My reaction to this new event in history is that it is cool. Now finally we aren't the only planet with water on it. And that most definitely going down in history. But I also feel a little sad because it kills somewhat of earths independence. I mean yea we still are the only planet with human life on it. But still it still makes somewhat of a difference in the history book. Abie Ocasio, 802
801 Kate Sydni Hal Volkan Daniel Ming Tiffany Brandon Ariel Joi Jonathan Jade Jeancarlo Cai Jesse Agon Alec Katey Cody Isabella Noah Khadeeja Felicia Brianna Lisandra Angus Adam Naomi Gary Emily
802 Joseph Emily Isahia Matthew Rashad Tai Hamlet Jordan Khadra Isabel Sydney Nicky Arielle Briana G. Malcolm Karl Jaylen Agim Ben Kaitlin Willow Musa Seth Ingrid Abie Shaina Gaby Shafique Aiko AJ Roy
42 comments:
this is a rather interesting case of water on the moon, in the future we will be able to have a space station there because of the water supples so i really will be waiting for that day to come so that we will be to go ahead in space discovery.
when after the moon will we go to the next planet.
Nicholas George, 802
Water Found on Moon
It is amazing that we have not noticed this before. If the satellite Lcross would not have crashed into the crater, Cabeus, then we would not have discovered this amazing mew news. With our advancing technolohy, I am convinced that we can get alot of new information with this. What is more convincing is that scientists not only detected a little bit of water, but a significant amount. Sooner or later we will be thee ones disturbing the moons silence.
What will be our next movement that we will do on the moon?
Nicholas George, 802
Water found on moon,
It is amazing that we have not noticed this before. If the Lcross satellite would not have crashed into the moon, then we would not have discovered this amazing new news. With our advancng technology, I am convinced that we can get alot of important information with this discovery. What's even more convincing is that scientists did not find a little amount of water, but found a significant amount. Sooner or later we will be the ones breaking the moons ancient silence.
My reaction to this article is that its very interesting that we have found water in the moon. Also now that we have found water on the moon it could be our future water resource.It could be our future resource because since we found 26 gallons of water on the moon we might be able to find more water and use it once our water from Earth becomes all polluted and unable to use. First though we would compare it to the water on Earth. Another reaction that I have to this article is that if that water that we have found has been there for a long time then there could be new thoeries on how the moon was created and other new elements that we haven't yet found.
Question: What are their thoughts about now us finding water on the moon?
I am satisfied that Lcross found a significant amount of water on the moon. Hopefully Lcross will discover more later on. Understanding, that the data Lcoss has collected cannot determine numerous amount of things. I know that they are sending more astronauts to the moon later on. So that they can collect more data to determine more things that they don’t already know.
QUESTION: What are they going to do if they continue to find significants amount of water on the moon?
Gabi Stinson 802
This article is about how they found water on the moon using a thing called Lcross. The Lcross smashed into one of the moons craters and lifted up into the air 26 gallons of water. The Lcross is made up of two parts. The parts are on e an empty rock chamber that smashes in to the crater and a spaceshuttle that measures the height and measure of the water. They also saw that it was water by the wavelengths color, like some where like purple and others other colors. ALso the last thing that put it together were the molicules that formed in the water.
My question is that if they took rock samples from the moon before, why didn't they find water in them?
Emily Alvarado 802
Truthfully, this article really shocked me. I had already heard that there was water on the moon but I hadn't thought about water coming from the moon itself or us being able to breathe on the moon and live on it as we do every day on earth. It was a shock to hear this coming straight from the word of the top scientists in America. It was a shock to hear how we made this discovery and it was a surprise to hear that this fact could lead to life on the moon. This article made me realize that there could be life anywhere in our galaxy, that there could even be small life forms on our moon. I know we have already been taught this in class but it never really hit me until I read this article.
One question I still have is, How would we deal with the differences in climate and temperature on the moon as opposed to the earth? The moon is a whole other world than earth so it would be very difficult to some up with a way to make it more similar in order for life to survive there.
Emily Alvarado 802
Truthfully, this article shocked me. I had already heard that there was water on the moon but I hadn't thought about water coming from the moon itself or us being able to breathe on the moon and live on it as we do every day on earth. It was a shock to hear this coming straight from the word of the top scientists in America. It was a shock to hear how we made this discovery and it was a surprise to hear that this fact could lead to life on the moon. This article made me realize that there could be life anywhere in our galaxy, that there could even be small life forms on our moon. I know we have already been taught this in class but it never really hit me until I read this article.
One question I still have is, How would we deal with the differences in climate and temperature on the moon as opposed to the earth? The moon is a whole other world than earth so it would be very difficult to some up with a way to make it more similar in order for life to survive there.
Emily Alvarado 802
Truthfully, this article really shocked me. I had already heard that there was water on the moon but I hadn't thought about water coming from the moon itself or us being able to breathe on the moon and live on it as we do every day on earth. It was a shock to hear this coming straight from the word of the top scientists in America. It was a shock to hear how we made this discovery and it was a surprise to hear that this fact could lead to life on the moon. This article made me realize that there could be life anywhere in our galaxy, that there could even be small life forms on our moon. I know we have already been taught this in class but it never really hit me until I read this article.
One question I still have is, How would we deal with the differences in climate and temperature on the moon as opposed to the earth? The moon is a whole other world than earth so it would be very difficult to some up with a way to make it more similar in order for life to survive there.
Jessica Koneval
when i read this article i couldnt believe they found water on the moon. what also suprised me was that a satilite called Lcross smashed into the moon and made a really big hole and 26 gallons of water came out. one scientist said that now because of the discovery, they have more questions. they think that the spots where the sun doesnt hit is where the water most likely is. and bcause they found water on the moon, astronauts are going to the moon again by 2020.
i think that by them going out of their way to find out more about the moon is great. We need to know what's going on in the "world" above us. If we had no one go up there and research, we wouldn't know if we were being put in danger. The more significant things they find, the better position they're putting us in. So, in the end, it's worth the long nights and struggle.
My reaction to this article is that I never thought that the moon would reveal to have a supply of water, let alone a gallon. The fact that it's darkest craters hold supplies of water is surprising and helpful.This proves that the moon maybe held life long ago and is similar to our Earth. Despite the fact that is holds no atmosphere whatsoever. This shows we are further among our study of the moon itself as Earth's satellite.
One question I have for this article is why is it so important to have water on the moon what purpose will the liquid have?
I thought that this was a well written article. I was surprised when they said that they didn't see any water on the moon but they knew that it was there. They had no evidence that there was water found on the moon. This really disappointed me because i thought that there might be life on other planets out there but now we know that probably isn't any life on any other planets.
I say that it's really interesting that we have found water on the moon. Now that we have found water on the moon this could be our future. Once all the water in the Earth goes bad we can use the moon as our new resource of water. But first we would have to make analysis and compare it to the water on Earth and see if there is any similarity. It's also really interesting that we have found water on the moon because if that water has been there for a long time then there could be different theories on how the moon was created or beliefs on how the moon changes during time passes by.
My question for the authors would be: Can we get any information about the moon using the water that we have just found?
I think this is another cool fact but at the same time I'm not very shocked. It's cool because then people can have another place to explore and learn about. If we keep on advancing our systems, people will get bored and will figure everything out. The Moon is the place to start a new cycle of life, many years from now though.
I'm not very shocked because the Moon was kind of made from the Earth. An object about as big as Mars, called Theia (or Orpheus), collided with our used-to-be young Earth. Then A disk of orbiting matter was formed and it eventually condensed to form our Moon. So on it's way of floating off of our young Earth, it must have picked up some water from the comets that struck Earth. Also, the Moon is so vulnerable to meteors and asteroids so they must have carried water to the Moon.
A question I have is, Do the Scientists think that the Moon will evolve into a similar Earth? And can we live on it? Will there be a whole new species of creatures starting from bacteria like we did?
I think this is cool but at the same time I'm not very shocked. I think this is cool because it's another place for people to really explore more. If, in many years, the Moon is a possible location to move, we can spread our species out to the Moon. The Earth will one day die, so if we send some people to live on the Moon, our generation will keep going. Also, people will eventually get bored of what the Earth has. We will have discovered everything, that we think is everything, and will need a new place to discover. The Moon is the perfect place to go (or Mars...)
I'm not that shocked because the Moon is kind of made partially from our once-young-Earth. An object the size of Mars, called Theia (or Orpheus), collided with the Earth. Then some matter floated off, eventually condensed and turned into our Moon. The Moon must of pulled some water from the Earth. Also, it's so vulnerable to metiers and asteroids that they must have left some kind of water on the Moon.
Questions I have:
1)Will the new creatures form on the Moon?
2)Will the first creature be a new type of bacteria?
Websites:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_impact_hypothesis
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/moon/moon_formation.html
I find it surprising that there is water on the moon. I thought that the only planet that had water was earth. I mean 26 gallons is a big amount that could mean there might be water on other planets also. I knew the moon had icy craters but i never thought it was acutely. So if they found water on one planet then they could find water on other planets and objects in space. This could also mean there could be life besides us.
The question i have is how did the moon get water?
Tiffany Cruz 801
Wow this is a really interesting article. That was a brilliant way that lcross tried to see if their was water on the moon. I didn't know scientist like that could be so creative. But I am glad to know we found water in craters. That gives hope to us if we ever need to go their.
by
Jaylen Gregory
802
Its not very surprising to think that the moon shows signs of water, if you think about it, the moon was created from the Earth (may contain similar minerals/ chemicals/ molecules), If earth can do it, why can't the moon? Just because it's not at the perfect distance; it's temperature is not warm enough to support life-- Well maybe because the Earth is going through Global Warming, then the moon might take our place. More meteors could add on to the moon and make it bigger (it could become the next Earth).
I was very shocked to hear that the unvestigators had found a large amount of water on the moon. Never knew that the moon even held any ice water. I think that it was most shocking to red that the Moon's ice water had melted and had become a big amount of water.
I did not know that such an old planet could suddenly show up to have that much water. It has been such a long time since we have discovered that there was no water on the moon but now we have figured out that the poles on the moon and the crators on the surface have been holding alot of water all along.
Is there a way to change the water to making it able for us to drink?
it amazes me how that our moon actually has water on it. it could of been possible like a comet that crashed on the moon which gave it water. it also amazes me how that the water on the moon can be broken apart into oxygen and hydrogen and it gives astronaunts oxygen to breathe. its unbelieveable how there is about 26 gallons of water on the moon. also, that the bottom of Cabeus is a frigid minus 365 degrees Fahrenheit. that is freezing cold.
one question:
was there any proof that life forms exist on the moon?
my reaction to "In Suprise, Moon Shows Signs Of Water" is excited because i always thought the moon had no water at all and now we find out that there is not a little but a lot of water. I think that they should research on the amount of water to see where it came from, when did it start, etc. it says that it began in South Pole but what if the North Pole had water? one of the questions i was thinking the whole time even though it couldn't be possible, maybe, is, Is there life? since there's water and we didn't know, maybe it can be life.
I am astounded that this is actually true. It seem just like yesterday that we had first stepped on that precious rock that helps us live each day, not run around as fireballs. It seems as if life has another chance to treat a another planet as we want to. Not as what we have done to earth. It makes me optimistic, that humans, have another chance at life.
This was an amazing discovery by NASA and we can learn a lot from it. The water, in form of ice, has probably accumulated over a long period of time. Now scientist can learn a lot about the history of space by the particles in the ice. We found the water because a satellite crashed near to south pole of the the moon punching up at least 26 gallons of water. This was an amazing discovery and NASA is looking forward to finding more about it.
What technology did they use to find the water?
When water was found on the moon, scientists were amazed because with research, water gives chances of life outside of earth. It was discovered when a satellite crashed near the moon's south pole, revealing about 26 gallons of water. They believe that the frozen water (dry) has been there for a really really really long time. If they study it, they can find out a lot about the moon's history and possibly more background information so that they can come up with other questions on this subject.
My reaction of this article would be that if we found water and lots of it, couldnt there be life on the plant? I really dont think they should send astronauts to the moon just to find out if there more stuff, because that would be lots of money and as of right now it should be on the economy.Plus we already wasted money on a broke satallite.
When I heard there was water on the moon I was suprised.I look up at the moon almost everynight and I never thought there was water on the moon. how they(scientists) found out that there was water on the moon was when a satellite, Lcross crashed into a crater near the moons surface last month.When the scientists found the water they didn't find a little bit, they found big amount.
Qestion:
after all these years why didn't they at least try to find water on the moon before?
i think its important that we ecplore the other plants. Finding water on the moon is giving us one more clue as to the earths past and future. which is important since we need know what the earths future is because of global warming
I find that is amazing that we would find out something like this. It's very suprising and interesting. I wouldn't have suspected water to be on the moon, but it makes sense. My question is why did they find it only on the side that the sun doesnt hit?
i think that know that we are so technologically advanced that we werwe able to find this out. I also think that now that they found the water on the moon that they can futher their study on the moon to determine wether or not that is a future place of temporary or permanet movement by us humans. I still think that just because there is water on the moon doesnt mean that it is a guarantee that we can live there. i think they have alott more research to do before they can decide their final desicion.
I am not really surprised that there is water on the Moon. Outer space is actually full of water. Most of this water is in the form of ice. It has been found on satellites, including comets, planets, and moons, some examples are Mars and Titan, one of Saturn's moons.
So, I am not going to be surprised unless the water is found to be liquid, because so far Earth is the only planet with liquid water.
My question is due to the Moon's lack of atmosphere, shouldn't other comets have crashed into the moon and given it water by now?
I for one, think that this is a very impressive find. Just to know that there is more than dry rock on our Moon is a huge step for mankind. A small impact on the moon produced 26 gallons of water. This may sound a little far fetched, but imagine future settlers farming the water on the Moon once Earths drinkable water resources dry up. If they figured out the technology to do that and could still make it somewhat affordable, it could open up lots of job spots. So that in a possible future recession, we'd have more jobs.
- Noah Momm
I feel as if the satellite, known as Lcross, was meant to crash into the moon. We thought for a very long time that the moon wasn't made up of any type of form of water such as liquid, gas or ice. We had only checked the surface of the moon and there weren't any traces of water found. When Lcross crashed the moon, we found that now only a whiff but 26 gallons of water. Right now, NASA is planning to go and visit the moon in 2020 after the last visit was in 1972.
Why do we have to go and visit the moon ten years from now, do we not have the right technology?
Jonathan Gregory
this article was very interesting and thought provoking. the article was about the finding of water on the moon, this has huge implications and could explain many of the questions we have about the origin of water and our solar system. these finding could prove the origin of earths water. lastly if we could find water on the moon, once concitered a barren rocky wasteland, then it could be possible to find water on other objects in our solar system or even further out in space.
one question i had after reading this article is..
why would NASA conciter breaking up the water on the moon for oxygen for astronauts to breath if it could contain important clues as to the origin of our water?
This article was about a new and shocking discovery on the moon. It appears that water was found on the moons surface. They have considered exploring the moon to see if there is actual life. In this article they could not see water on the moons surface with a telescope. Will this new discovery lead to future solutions if the world end?
I find it very amazing that there is water on the moon. This is good for the world because now we know that we have a small chance of survival on another celestial body. The whole time, I thought that the moon was just a lifeless rock floating in space. It turns out that there is more to it than that. This opens up so many opportunites for the human race. This could lead to finding oxygen, and creating soil and other natural elements in the future. This could be the begining of a new chapter in the continuity og=f the human race if anything ever threatened our existence.
Joi Green 801
I think it is interesting becasue maybe we can actually sustain life on the moon one day and that will be exciting to see in the future.
I feel that this is pretty cool that there was water found on the moon. Because we finally aren't the only planet with it. But the thing that I don't really enjoy about this discovery is that it some what kills our individuality as a planet. Because yes we are still the only planet with human life. But we were also the only planet with water. But I guess not anymore.
Abie Ocasio, 802
I feel that this is pretty cool that there was water found on the moon. Because we finally aren't the only planet with it. But the thing that I don't really enjoy about this discovery is that it some what kills our individuality as a planet. Because yes we are still the only planet with human life. But we were also the only planet with water. But I guess not anymore.
Abie Ocasio, 802
I feel that this is pretty cool that there was water found on the moon. Because we finally aren't the only planet with it. But the thing that I don't really enjoy about this discovery is that it some what kills our individuality as a planet. Because yes we are still the only planet with human life. But we were also the only planet with water. But I guess not anymore.
Abie Ocasio, 802
My reaction to this new event in history is that it is cool. Now finally we aren't the only planet with water on it. And that most definitely going down in history. But I also feel a little sad because it kills somewhat of earths independence. I mean yea we still are the only planet with human life on it. But still it still makes somewhat of a difference in the history book.
Abie Ocasio,
802
Post a Comment